Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Can someone please tell me what model of Morse this is?? >

Can someone please tell me what model of Morse this is??

Can someone please tell me what model of Morse this is??

Old 04-30-2014, 07:28 PM

Thank you so much for those pictures, they help a lot. It looks like the spring in the tension assembly is shot. Could be because when I got it, I didn't know what it was and took apart after tightening it all the way down lol! Now I really need to figure out the model, so that I can find the right replacement spring, or the entire assembly. Thank you again for your help,
Old 05-01-2014, 04:56 AM

Thank you very much, that is a huge help! Now I just have to ind a new tension spring or assembly, because my spring is shot. I think it happened when someone tightened it WAY to much and then took it all apart lol!! Man, finding parts for this thing, is not an easy thing. Does anyone know if Morse uses a generic spring for most of their models? I have found some Morse tension springs, but not for this model.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:52 AM

That's a sweet looking machine! Nice buy!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by nedly View Post
Now I really need to figure out the model, so that I can find the right replacement spring, or the entire assembly. Thank you again for your help,
You are welcome. Three of my Morse do not have model numbers. Just names on them like Photomatic Zig Zag etc. I do have one manual and it says the name on it...no model number.
Look for tension assemblies that match yours. Take yours out, not apart just out still together, take good photos of it in the machine and post those and maybe someone will have one here that will work for you. You can also buy several parts machine Morses if you can find them on CL or thrifts stores, shop goodwill or ebay. You could also try to make your own spring.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:06 AM

Such great information Sunflowerzz! You know I was just looking at that this mornig, how to make your own spring. I'm going to try that this afternoon. I found a video of a guy who just uses a rod and drill. So we will give that a go, this afternoon. I see so many springs on eBay, but I dont wat to buy one, wait for it to arrive, only to find out it is the wrong one. I will let you know how spring adventure goes! Thank you again.