Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Can you help me identify this machine please?? >

Can you help me identify this machine please??

Can you help me identify this machine please??

Old 01-29-2012, 05:16 AM

Thank everyone for all your advise it has been very helpful and I have learned a lot. I will let you know how everything goes.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 PM

Unless the camera was not set correctly, that picture was taken 7 years ago. At very least you'd have to see the machine to know what condition it's in. I don't know what's a reasonable price for this model, but it does seem high to me.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:03 PM

Oh My Goodness I didn't even notice that thanks for pointing it out. She is still out of town so I will not hear anything from her til at least tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
Unless the camera was not set correctly, that picture was taken 7 years ago. At very least you'd have to see the machine to know what condition it's in. I don't know what's a reasonable price for this model, but it does seem high to me.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:44 AM

I am headed over to look at this machine and take it for a test drive (if it works). I appreciate all your advice and am hoping I can talk her down a bit. Wish me luck!!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 AM

Incidentally, the krinkle finish quite often means it was made for the military.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:31 AM

I have one just like the one you are looking at. An 18 year old girl sold it to my husband for $40. I belonged to her grandmother and she didn't want it. What a shame! It looked terrible and the case needed repair. He brought it home and announced the new 'present'! I wasn't too thrilled at first but the.....It cleaned up beautiful! We used sewing machine oil on a soft cloth and rubbed it clean being careful not to take off the Singer label. Cleaned up the mechanical workings with WD then oiled it up good. It is quiet and sews beautiful. The wooden case is being redone as we speak. I now have three vibrating shuttle machines and love them. I sew with them on a wooden table with a rubber mat underneath to help them not walk. I take one to my quilt group once in a while to sew with and learned that they will make a modern plastic folding table want to travel right out the door! I say, "sew on it and enjoy the movement and sound". Enjoy!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:36 AM

UPDATE!!!!!

So I went and looked at the machine. The bobbin cover is missing and she was not interested in allowing me to test drive it, she hurried me out of the garage where it is being stored. She was more interested in showing me the little bobbin them allowing me to look it over. I couldn't even turn the wheel to see if it moved. I asked her is she would take less then the $125. She said she had dropped it down to $100, but since it was missing the bobbin cover she would take $75 and nothing else. She told me to think about it and walked into the house.

I get the feeling she doesn't want to really sell it. I am going to pass, there are missing parts and since she didn't want to be bothered with me trying it out its not worth going back.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM

I agree with your decision. I know I would pass on it also.

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
UPDATE!!!!!

So I went and looked at the machine. The bobbin cover is missing and she was not interested in allowing me to test drive it, she hurried me out of the garage where it is being stored. She was more interested in showing me the little bobbin them allowing me to look it over. I couldn't even turn the wheel to see if it moved. I asked her is she would take less then the $125. She said she had dropped it down to $100, but since it was missing the bobbin cover she would take $75 and nothing else. She told me to think about it and walked into the house.

I get the feeling she doesn't want to really sell it. I am going to pass, there are missing parts and since she didn't want to be bothered with me trying it out its not worth going back.