Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Challange - How many problems can you spot on this machine? >

Challange - How many problems can you spot on this machine?

Challange - How many problems can you spot on this machine?

Old 04-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Want me to bring them over this week? Hint. Hint,Cathy
Sure! I have the original bolt for your G&B as well.

Also, if you have a spare wooden handle and screw I can use that rather than making one.

When you wanna come by?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:22 AM

Those universal clip-on lights have ruined many a decal. Sometimes they are scratched so badly that it looks like the dreaded pin rash/ diaper rash rash under those rags (diapers) wrapped around the horizontal arm.

Cathy

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Then there is the for sure New Home:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]473442[/ATTACH]
Don't you love the clip on light?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 AM

Steve,

I'll let you know. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Cathy

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Sure! I have the original bolt for your G&B as well.

Also, if you have a spare wooden handle and screw I can use that rather than making one.

When you wanna come by?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Those universal clip-on lights have ruined many a decal. Sometimes they are scratched so badly that it looks like the dreaded pin rash/ diaper rash rash under those rags (diapers) wrapped around the horizontal arm.

Cathy
sarcasm as far as what I said about the light. There are old new stock lights - looks like never used. I think they do destroy the paint and decals. I dread seeing them and the 'diaper pin catchers' & the rash they leave behind.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

Steve, I'm glad you are finding parts. I'm thinking if I can figure out a shuttle or two those old ladies will probably be back to work somewhere.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:56 AM

Miriam - if you take some measurements on the feet, I'm almost sure I can tell you who made your machine. I've found that these are rather unique for each Mfg no mater what the machine looks like.

See if you can swap out the plates on the Regal and the "no name". I know one will be shorter than the other, but see if they fit otherwise. This includes having the round cutout in the same spot. I have some that are the same width but the circle isn't in the same spot. I'd lean that they are from the same Mfg - and that it's likely National. I've not encountered any other machine that takes the same attachments as National.

1. the gap on the foot is wider, closer to 3/16 than 1/8 and the distance from the presser bar and needle will be vey close to 1/2" - and the needle is centered in front of the presser bar.

I must have machine by at least 15 different Mfg at this point - and other then those made to be the same as Singer - they all have something different about them for the attachments.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Miriam - if you take some measurements on the feet, I'm almost sure I can tell you who made your machine. I've found that these are rather unique for each Mfg no mater what the machine looks like.

See if you can swap out the plates on the Regal and the "no name". I know one will be shorter than the other, but see if they fit otherwise. This includes having the round cutout in the same spot. I have some that are the same width but the circle isn't in the same spot. I'd lean that they are from the same Mfg - and that it's likely National. I've not encountered any other machine that takes the same attachments as National.

1. the gap on the foot is wider, closer to 3/16 than 1/8 and the distance from the presser bar and needle will be vey close to 1/2" - and the needle is centered in front of the presser bar.

I must have machine by at least 15 different Mfg at this point - and other then those made to be the same as Singer - they all have something different about them for the attachments.
I'll see about the slide plates in a few minutes. Ok the Regal has a National motor on it. No name has no motor. The slide plate fits width wise but not length wise - gap between the middle and the end is short but you knew that. A Singer shuttle does not fit - it is too long. The New Home shuttle does not fit no name or Regal - it is way long. The attachments are welded on by dried up oil.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Banned

ok folks, to wrap up this project this should be the "end of the story"

Because Macybaby was kind enough to send me the correct top tension piece this machine is now 100%. It sews just fine. It will be delivered to it's new home (the other Cathy(Mizkaki)) pretty cool for a "recycle rescue"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515610[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515612[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20150401_222402.jpg   20150401_222507.jpg   20150401_222424.jpg