Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Check Out this Treadle; I Need Advice >

Check Out this Treadle; I Need Advice

Check Out this Treadle; I Need Advice

Old 04-14-2014, 10:58 AM

But wait. I'm confused. There was a light fixture in a side drawer so that is electrical obviously. I have no clue how to attach it if I wanted to. I didnt look closely at it when i realized there was no bobbin . I need to educate myself!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:34 PM

I would buy it buy it buy it and at that price, whatever it may cost to get it going is well worth it..........
Old 04-14-2014, 01:37 PM

Obviously depends on whether you want another project or not. If you don't mind the project work, then it's definitely worth it. I'm with Rodney, however, on the paint stripping - hate that! But here's a thought on that. If you have a local vo-tech school, could you contact them about refinishing the cabinet for you at no charge as a learning project for the school? I had that done with my g'grandmother's cabinet. Local 'reform school' completely refinished the cabinet at absolutely no charge to me. BUT, I had an in - the person who taught woodworking at the school. AND they did an amazing job. I could not have asked for anything better.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 AM

Zozee,
Don't worry about the light fixture in the drawer, someone probably converted it to electric sometime in the past.
I have a treadle that was like that, it is treadle powered again.
Sharon
Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 AM

If it is not frozen and only the bobbin is missing, I would buy it. $15 is nothing!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
If it is not frozen and only the bobbin is missing, I would buy it. $15 is nothing!
even frozen it's a deal
Old 04-17-2014, 08:40 AM

I had never heard of back clamping feet before so raced out to the garage to see and yes I have some machines that take them too! Is there only one kind of back clamp feet? With summer coming up I want to know what to watch for at yard sales!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 AM

If someone needs some back clamp feet - I've still got some extras, so send me a PM. I'm slowly getting my extras off to new homes - now the hard part is to avoid getting more!

I've ended up with these because they came in groups of sets with other items I wanted. I have four different back clamp sets I'm keeping (have two back clamp machines).

the WW and early 66 both take a type of back clamp feet (because the early 66 is modeled after the WW9) However they are different enough you should never confuse them. The 66 takes one with a U opening at the top.

here are pictures of some of the different Back Clamp sets I have for my collection. They are posted in order of age - first being the earlier style

This set is most similar to Greist type sets - I speculate that when Greist parted with Singer, he took this Tucker design with him.

This set is similar to the last two - but the ruffle and tucker are different.

These last two are the same except the ruffle -

Last edited by Macybaby; 04-17-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 AM

BTW - that is suppose to be "ruffler" but the auto correct fixed it and I didn't notice . . . another interesting item, the adjustable hemmer foot in the last three is something that Singer got when they bought Wheeler Wilson. Not that before that time, they also had multiple hemmer feet like Greist continued to offer and that you can still get today.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:09 PM

They are all confusing to me. I have never really used attachments until recently! I am looking forward to learning how to use more attachments in the future...if I ever come out of the shop again lol!