Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Check Out this Treadle; I Need Advice >

Check Out this Treadle; I Need Advice

Check Out this Treadle; I Need Advice

Old 04-18-2014, 06:17 PM

Even at only 15.00 I don't think I would buy it if the bobbin is missing and you are new to this. Go for the intact but inexpensive machines. You don't want the headache of trying to find everything you will need. The paint is a big flag. More machines will come your way and you can always bargain with the owner to get a good price.

CD you are funny.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:44 PM

Whether it's worth $15 depends on whether you'd rather have something to sweat over and work on or spend the $100-$200 to buy a machine with a nice cabinet and finish and attractive machine decals maybe needing only a simple cleaning and oiling. $15 isn't a bargain if it's going to clutter up the house and languish for years to come though the machine is most certainly worth the paltry sum.

Jon
Old 04-19-2014, 07:47 PM

I decided to pass on. It was hard; I went back and forth, round and round in my head. But, in the end, I admitted to myself that I didn't want another project machine. I'm not gifted that way. I don't enjoy fixing up machines and stripping paint. I hate clutter, which the machine would be in my already-croweded sewing room. It's not pretty enough as is for me to bring it home and oust an existing necessity.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:50 PM

I decided to pass on it . It was hard; I went back and forth, round and round in my head. But, in the end, I admitted to myself that I didn't want another project machine. I'm not gifted that way. I don't enjoy fixing up machines and stripping paint. I hate clutter, which the machine would be in my already-crowded sewing room. It's not pretty enough as is for me to bring it home and oust an existing necessity.

Besides, by the time I had made my mind up, the listing was down, so the lady must have sold it. She left me a voice mail saying I could HAVE the portable old Singer if I wanted, but I given it a good lookover at the same time I saw the other. It wasn't worth parts to me since I didn't know exactly what it is. Don't hate!