Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Cleaned, oiled and ready to go but.... bobbin winder? >

Cleaned, oiled and ready to go but.... bobbin winder?

Cleaned, oiled and ready to go but.... bobbin winder?

Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 PM

Question Cleaned, oiled and ready to go but.... bobbin winder?

Ok, here I am again. So I got this machine/table up and running, and now just have to figure out the industrial bobbin winder. How do I thread it, does anyone know? It has it's own motor, as shown, that plugs into this frail, (highly unsafe, looking cord that has been lengthened twice already) that then attaches to the foot pedal. This will all be re-wired, as the machine was, before use. I have no idea how or where it's s'posed to be mounted nor how to even use it. Any help is appreciated, Google search just hasn't been doing much for me I'm afraid. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg   008.jpg  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:01 PM

Ok, tried to edit this post but can't figure that out either. After some more searching, I have found it is called a stand-alone bobbin winder. Still no idea how to thread it though.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 AM
Power Poster

I'm not sure where your spool of thread goes. You put thread through the holes in the back of it, run the thread through the tension on the other end and put a bobbin on the shaft, get the thread on the bobbin, then run it. It looks like it is off an industrial machine and rigged to wind bobbins without being bolted to the table.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 AM

This is what I found this morning on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyNdOOIjvaA , it is the same as what I have and I even have a spool holder like she has in the video. I will have to steal it off my domestic. The cord is what I was describing, poorly I admit, and hers does look to be in much better shape than mine. Hopefully this thing works like she shows it to, we shall see.

I do miss the early days of the 'net, it was so much easier to actually find what you were searching for!