Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cleaning thread tension

Blog Entries

cleaning thread tension

Well wish me luck. I am getting ready to take the thread tension off and clean it. Hope I do it right. Would hate to mess Her up. I have to put the tension to the + side as far as it will go to get it right. Might have to try adjusting the tension on the bobbin. I have been told never to do this unless all else fails. Granny
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

When I did mine, I took pictures of each and every step so that I would be sure to get it back together again. I also took pictures of each piece, lined up in the order that I took them off so I would know to get them back on in the proper order. Which brand and model machine are you working on?
    ~~Cathy~~

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    When I did mine, I took pictures of each and every step ...
    Just be certain the memory card is in the camera and not the computer! This happened to one of our board members. Eegads. I would have frozen.

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.
    Mug Rug #2 Swap
    Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap VIII- My theme is any block of kiwi greens, tangerine oranges, and a smidge of deep turquoise and dark chocolate browns.
    2012-2013 Row by Row-Groups 6 & 7 ... 2011-2012 Quilt for Quilters Swap

Blog Entries
    Here is a manual to print
    best info on tensions
    http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/
    ALSO
    Rain may have something on his blog http://vssmb.blogspot.com/
    here is one he fixed http://vssmb.blogspot.com/2011/07/do...sion.html#more
    I love his blog - real good info!!!

I also put together some places to look for tension info. Has anybody got tension problems??? This has been a month or two so some of it may be gone or changed When I find information - I'm happy to pass it along

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Here is a manual to print best info on tensions ...[
    miriam,
    thanks for the great stuff. I saved it all. Just nev'a know when stuff happens :-)

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.
    Mug Rug #2 Swap
    Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap VIII- My theme is any block of kiwi greens, tangerine oranges, and a smidge of deep turquoise and dark chocolate browns.
    2012-2013 Row by Row-Groups 6 & 7 ... 2011-2012 Quilt for Quilters Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
    miriam,
    thanks for the great stuff. I saved it all. Just nev'a know when stuff happens :-)

best,
    d
    Thanks also Miriam. My 1902 Hand Crank is going to need a tension refurbish. Putting that off to last at this point.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries

tension thread

My tension on my big machine got off last year. I learned 2 things from my sewing tech guy.
    1. I had the machine facing an outside wall. He said to move it to an inside wall, which I did. That helped a lot. The reason for the outside wall not working is that the oil doesn't get to flow through the machine as it needs to do.
    2. He also said when adjusting your tension to turn the tension as far as it will go to the right, run the machine on this setting for awhile,and that will unlock anything you might have by mistake locked. I did that, then set it back to the usual setting, and it works fine.
    He is very good at helping with sewing machines, and I won't take my featherweight anywhere else!
    Hope this helps.
    Mariah.
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

That is very help full.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
    My tension on my big machine got off last year. I learned 2 things from my sewing tech guy.
    1. I had the machine facing an outside wall. He said to move it to an inside wall, which I did. That helped a lot. The reason for the outside wall not working is that the oil doesn't get to flow through the machine as it needs to do.
    2. He also said when adjusting your tension to turn the tension as far as it will go to the right, run the machine on this setting for awhile,and that will unlock anything you might have by mistake locked. I did that, then set it back to the usual setting, and it works fine.
    He is very good at helping with sewing machines, and I won't take my featherweight anywhere else!
    Hope this helps.
    Mariah.
    You are SSSOOOOO blessed to have a sewing machine repair man that will actually talk to you. Most are pretty closed mouth or will only give a wee bit of info.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    You are SSSOOOOO blessed to have a sewing machine repair man that will actually talk to you. Most are pretty closed mouth or will only give a wee bit of info.
    What she said....
    ~~Cathy~~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast