Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Compac Electric Sewing Machine

Never heard of that one!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyms View Post
    Hi! Just wondering if anyone has, or has heard of, the Compac Electric Sewing Machine. I can't seem to find a website on them.
    Thanks!
    I can remember the sewing machine my Mom used when I was growing up in the fifties and sixties. It was such a pretty turquoise and it said Compac on the side. I've never seen another one and have never found one online. Mom is 83 and has no idea what ever happened to it. Sure wish I had it!!
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Scakes View Post
    I have one. I haven't had it very long. Here is the link to what I posted about it on the QB. My "new" Compac
    I really like it. It sews really nicely and is pretty quiet compared to my other machines. I haven't found a website on them but I do know it was made by Brother. Is it similar to the machine you have or are looking at? I have a manual with it f you have questions. Maybe I can help.
    Yours is a nice looking machine! Thank you for your help - I do have the owner's manual for it. I found a bare wire thisi morning, brought it back to the store and they're going to replace it I can't figure how to post a picture of it - the "help" center didn't help me If I figure out how, or someone tells me how, I'll post a picture of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyms View Post
    Sorry, but I can't seem to figure out how to add a picture of my Compac. It's sleek, shiny, and black. I test drove it in the store, today I plan on sewing on it at home It was originally purchased on 9-25-1951 in downstate Flint, MI. If anyone can help me upload the pics, I'd be more than happy to show it off.
    you probably need to shrink the photo, it is probably too big.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Try looking at this website: ISMACS International. I have not been able to add websites or pictures to this board.
    But if you can bring up this site, it tells about different sewing manchines and and has manuals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by quaint4900 View Post
    Try looking at this website: ISMACS International. I have not been able to add websites or pictures to this board.
    But if you can bring up this site, it tells about different sewing manchines and and has manuals as well.
    Thanks! I'm going to check it out. Thankfully it did come with the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
    No, at least I don't think so. I just can't find the answers in the Help section to post a picture. Weird, I know, but that's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
    No, at least I don't think so. I just can't find the answers in the Help section to post a picture. Weird, I know, but that's just how it is. It just says "upload of file failed".

posting a picture

Sandyms,
    When you make a posting choose the "Go Advanced" tab. When that comes up, scroll down until you see,"Manage Attachments", choose that one and you can download your pictures.
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    Sandyms,
    When you make a posting choose the "Go Advanced" tab. When that comes up, scroll down until you see,"Manage Attachments", choose that one and you can download your pictures.
    Sharon
    Thanks, but I keep trying this and I keep getting the message that the upload failed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2