Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Couple of Old Singers

Couple of Old Singers

I have a couple of old singer sewing machines and I would love to figure out how to date them. They are both in great working order and I have them both recently serviced and made a quilt on one of them. One has all the cams and different presser feet.....very cool. I haven't looked into it much, but thought this would be a great place to start to date them. Any suggestions, ideas and etc....thanks in advance!!

You can date them thru the singer site with the serial number. Have fun with your machines.

Thanks, I can't wait to find out more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    You can date them thru the singer site with the serial number. Have fun with your machines.

You can get a general date from the serial number on the machine. It is on the base just in front of the pillar. If you call they can give your more specific information that used to be available on their website but was moved.

If you post some pictures we would all love to see them and it is great that you are using them.
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    You can look at the model # and then go to singer sewing machine on google then look it up i have to one dated 1930 and the other 1936.i was needles to say tickeled to death so to speak.good luck i love mine they are as some would put it a work horse.all metal parts in the gears not the newer plastic things.