Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Damascus Grand Rotary balance wheel removal question >

Damascus Grand Rotary balance wheel removal question

Damascus Grand Rotary balance wheel removal question

Old 02-11-2014, 06:42 AM

Default Damascus Grand Rotary balance wheel removal question

Hi all. Does anyone have access to a parts diagram for these Eldredge/National Rotaries? I would like to remove the handwheel to clean behind it, and just because. It's got a seperate pulley, once removed there is the balance weight on the hub with 3 set screws. I marked it's relative position. I'm not sure how hard it should be to pull off, and it almost looks like the threaded shaft is part of the balance wheel. As if there is a smaller dia shaft coming off the machine that the wheel and hub are fastened to. This seems unusual.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]461698[/ATTACH] Once I got needle and tension worked out it sewed beautifully. Only 1 other small problem, the bobbin case tension spring had been reshaped, and wasn't possible to back off the tension enough, in the process of reshaping it, I broke off a little bent down ear that helps position the exiting thread. In spite of that, it stitches beautiful. (Anyone have a bobbin case? or tension spring? or the little screws??) I saw 221 parts supplier has a pull off bobbin case but for $59, which is about what the machine sold for! That would be a last resort, or looking for another donor, which I can't seem to sacrifice anyway... Thanks for any shared bits of wisdom, experience!
Attached Thumbnails 2014-02-11-06.18.43.jpg