Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 92

Thread: The dark underside

  1. #51
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    7,119
    I have all my info on thumb drives. Too many HD failures and too much lost info. We keep as little data on the main HD as possible.

    As for the J-A numbers, I check that chart every so often and print it out. It's fun to know who actually made your machine.

    I just wish I could find out more about the HOTHER machines. All I know is JUKI made mine.

    Joe

  2. #52
    Super Member craftiladi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ut.
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    1
    Awesome pics everyone, thanks so much for sharing. I am still a bit confused how to ID clones...please correct me if I am wrong, its my understanding Clones are sometimes made by secondary companies to sell that lesser prices. I knew nothing about clones until picked up this Geringer and when I chatted w/ Sew Classic and a couple others that's when I learned its probably a National, which I had never heard of. Yes still very green and learning all I can.
    Second pic is why I haven't found a hand crank for her yet, she has a spook wheel but the column is rounded and a Singer Hand Crank won't work...so she sits looking pretty.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

  3. #53
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    13,147
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
    Awesome pics everyone, thanks so much for sharing. I am still a bit confused how to ID clones...please correct me if I am wrong, its my understanding Clones are sometimes made by secondary companies to sell that lesser prices. I knew nothing about clones until picked up this Geringer and when I chatted w/ Sew Classic and a couple others that's when I learned its probably a National, which I had never heard of. Yes still very green and learning all I can.
    Second pic is why I haven't found a hand crank for her yet, she has a spook wheel but the column is rounded and a Singer Hand Crank won't work...so she sits looking pretty.
    This machine is not a clone
    link to info about clones Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up

    sew-classic has a lot of info about clones, too http://blog.sew-classic.com/2008/10/...ne-review.aspx
    Last edited by miriam; 12-03-2012 at 05:24 AM.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  4. #54
    Super Member craftiladi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ut.
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    This machine is not a clone
    link to info about clones Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up

    sew-classic has a lot of info about clones, too http://blog.sew-classic.com/2008/10/...ne-review.aspx
    sorry just going by what I was told by several people-thank-you Miriam.
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

  5. #55
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,462
    The Edison decal looks crooked.

  6. #56
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    13,147
    Blog Entries
    2
    You are right about the Geringer being a badged machine probably made by National - but it was made in the US. The Japanese 15 clones are a certain type of badged machine - they all have the tension on the left compared to the front. They are not as old as the Geringer. I have a Minnesota - probably the same deal - a badged machine - cute little bugger though. There are other machines made in Japan that were badged - they aren't 15 clones though. I have some that are wonderful machines.
    Last edited by miriam; 12-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #57
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    The Edison decal looks crooked.
    It is.

    Joe

  8. #58
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,953
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    As for the J-A numbers, I check that chart every so often and print it out. It's fun to know who actually made your machine.
    What chart? Where? I have been compiling my own JA chart on Excel. But it would be nice to have one that has already been compiled.
    Sweet Caroline

  9. #59
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    7,119
    Caroline,

    It's in the vintagejapansewingmachines yahoo group. Over on the left side under database I think. But you got to be a member.

    Joe

  10. #60
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,953
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Caroline,

    It's in the vintagejapansewingmachines yahoo group. Over on the left side under database I think. But you got to be a member.

    Joe
    Thanks Joe. Off to yahoo I go!
    Sweet Caroline

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.