Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Davis Vertical Feed Serial #3700310 >

Davis Vertical Feed Serial #3700310

Davis Vertical Feed Serial #3700310

Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 AM

I inherited a VF. The machine is identical to yours ( other than you have MUCH nicer decals, mine are very faded ) but the cab drawers pulls are different. As far as the cab goes, that's the only different I see. We also share the exact base.
( For the pros, please forgive a total newb to this and it's lingo. I never really learned to sew except piece work in a sewing factory, so I hope I don't offend anyone with my questions or lack of knowledge.)
I am enjoying the pictures of the progress you make, and am looking forward to seeing more.
My sister had the machine ( our great grandmother's) and she had left it outside under an open ended shed, for the past five years, and it's taken a toll on the laminate on the cabinet.
I don't have the money nor the talent for a complete and total restoration but I've used Murphy's and TSP to clean it as best as I can without doing more damage to the cab. Have glued down the mangled laminate top and just going to pray for the best. Sorry if I hijacked the thread, I don't mean to. Just wanted you guys to know that some of us, although we don't quilt, see the beauty in this machine ( it's a work horse from what I've read) and will take care of one.
Looking forward to seeing more pictures soon !
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 AM

Welcome Cherokeesky. I have not done much more to the Davis cabinet. Life gets in the way of what I need to accomplish.

I am glad that you have saved your great grandmother's sewing machine. That sewing machine has a history worth preserving.