Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Does anyone here FMQ on a Singer 66? (AKA The best laid plans....) >

Does anyone here FMQ on a Singer 66? (AKA The best laid plans....)

Does anyone here FMQ on a Singer 66? (AKA The best laid plans....)

Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM

I just posted a reply and it showed for a minute then it disappeared......what happened? I have the quilting foot in the photo above by jlm459 however my seams puckered when I quilted, how do I stop that from happening please?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I just posted a reply and it showed for a minute then it disappeared......what happened? I have the quilting foot in the photo above by jlm459 however my seams puckered when I quilted, how do I stop that from happening please?
Maybe the presser foot pressure needs to be adjusted for it? when doing straight lines on my 15-91 I use my regular presser foot and have had less trouble with that than a walking foot on it.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:17 PM

Thanks for that shnn - I will try it! Had not thought of that, was so used to using a walking foot that I just felt the foot was a failure for some reason. One sewing teacher told me to use ordinary pins every few inches and that works, she said years ago when walking feet did not exist that was how she had done it on her electric machine.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Kas

Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Actually, that is a shirring foot. It is supposed to pucker! I have the same foot and had the same problem. Looked it up in a book about vintage attachments and there it was! I wasn't going crazy, after all.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Muv

No Kas, the photo posted above is a quilting foot and definitely not a shirring foot. It wouldn't have the quilting guide to fit above it if it were a shirring foot.