Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone recognize this Singer?

Technically, the machine will fit, the hinges and such will place it right to the left, it will leave a couple of inches open to the right of the machine. I have a table with the same opening dimensions, and a 15 I could put in it to show you if you'd like. The black machines that were treadled typically had the spring piece that the belt went through there.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 503J, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99k, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Ultralock 14u64a (Serger), Pfaff 130-6, and a Kangaroo coming Nov 2013.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    EEEEK!!! Its Singer Golden Touch and Sew. My Mom had one and it was the crankiest, worst machine ever made.
    I hated having to use it. I've heard that some people were fortunate enough to have one that worked as advertised.
    Sharon(who only has nice Singer treadles)
    I can believe that. I have only seen a couple T&S machines that work.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    Technically, the machine will fit, the hinges and such will place it right to the left, it will leave a couple of inches open to the right of the machine. I have a table with the same opening dimensions, and a 15 I could put in it to show you if you'd like. The black machines that were treadled typically had the spring piece that the belt went through there.
    I might have one of the little metal fillers...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Its not for quilters, I had put two different motors in mine before I finally Kicked it to the curb.Literally. The worst singer machine ever made. I would rather sew on my 401, or 404 or FW. etc etc etc . IMHO, cmaras
    "I do not understand ,how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to" ( and mine is my summer houseboat on a beautiful KY lake.) quote by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2