Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does a fiddle base fit in a rectangular opening in a treadle cabinet

Does a fiddle base fit in a rectangular opening in a treadle cabinet

I have that No. 5 Singer cabinet in bird's eye maple. I have found a nice head, but it's a fiddle base. Will it fit in my rectangular opening?
    Thanks,
    DollyO

It'll sit there, but they were made for a coffin top, so you won't be able to fold the leaf shut or drop the head below decks.

Thank you. I haven't seen one before, other than in pictures. I'll keep looking for a head for my cabinet.

The hinges on my fiddlebase are different than the rectangular machines as well. I'm not sure how flat it would sit. I never thought to try it.

I'd grab the fiddlebase though, they're such neat looking machines... if the price is right.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey