Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dominion Sewing Machine

Dominion Sewing Machine

Has anyone heard of or seen an old Dominion Sewing Machine? A friend fro work gave me one that needs some work, but I can't find any information on them. Would really appreciate any help with this question. Thanks in advance
    The decisions we make determine the lives that we lead. - The Renaissance Man

Blog Entries
    Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up
    does it look like one of these?
    Glen has info on refinishing - 'The Furniture Doctor' by George Grotz might be helpful - if nothing else it is a good read
    Muv has at least 9 outstanding videos videos about cleaning and oiling your vintage sewing machine While your machine will probably not look like that, the principles for cleaning are the same. Keep touch if you need more help.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Thanks Miriam - it looks similar to these, but the label is almost gone. Only reason I know it is a Dominion is you can see the outline of the missing letters on the harp of the machine body. I'll post a pic.

Dominion picture

Here is the pics of the Dominion I am trying to find info on.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image