Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Elna Stella Air Electronic Machine

Elna Stella Air Electronic Machine

Can anyone tell me if this machine which I proudly purchased with my first pay check in 1983 does free machine embroidery at all? I don't want to wreck the machine trying...
    THank you!!

The feed dogs don't drop and the throat space is veeeery small. You can try it with the feed dogs up or get the feed cover plate(which I don't care for at all). I've not had great success with my vintage Elnas and FMQ. I use my other machines for that.

Senior Member oldtnquiltinglady's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm with you in not wanting to wreck your Elna, playing with embroidering. Watch CL for a cheap any kind of machine that you won't mind messing up as you play with it--some of the older machines are better at zig zag than Elna anyway--and I would never attempt free-motion with mine (a 1986 special edition air driven top of the line model--I am not in my sewing room so can't just look over and see the name of it). It is super quiet, which I love; and I am the only one allowed to use it--I keep it serviced myself--and it has never again seen the inside of a sewing machine sales or repair center. If you keep at it, you might be able to find a decent zig zag older machine at a yard sale for $5 or $10. When someone has a yard sale, any money is better than no money--know what I mean.....just say do you have a machine you want to sell real cheap....
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

My most favorite machine for free motion is my Elna Air Electronic SU68....Yes ou do have to cover the feed dogs but it sure does a great job...Just my choice.....Experiment....