Elna TSP?

Old 03-11-2012, 10:16 AM

Default Elna TSP?

Today I was given an Elna TSP. I have never worked with an Elna before. Can anyone tell me anything about this machine or where I might be able to buy a cheap foot control?

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:39 AM

I'm not familiar with that machine - it's a year newer than mine and has a multistretch stitch. My Star 62C (light blue where yours is tan) is a wonderful workhorse of a machine, but not a good quilter as you cannot adjust the tension on the presser foot. It's self adjusting. To get a foot controller may cost as much as a machine. This http://whitesewingcenter.com/elnaparts.php is the best site, but may not be the best priced. Try eBay after you know which foot you need.

Do you have the manual? That would be handy with this machine. I saw one for $7 when I was looking for a controller, but there may be a free one out there somewhere.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Nope no manual, just the machine and since I don't have a foot control, I'm not even sure it works. It looks great, but that doesn't mean anything about the inside. WOW those control foot prices are really really high. Guess this machine might have to sit for a good number of years until I stumble upon a cheap foot. $20 is the max I will pay for one and that site has them for over $150! Not saying it isn't worth it, but I have to work far too many hours to afford it :-) Thanks for your help!