Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
"EZ" mini sewing machine that looks like a FW >

"EZ" mini sewing machine that looks like a FW

"EZ" mini sewing machine that looks like a FW

Old 01-13-2015, 08:04 PM

Default "EZ" mini sewing machine that looks like a FW

Does anyone know about this machine? I have never seen or heard of it. The box says it is made in China. It was sold by a (now closed) shop in my town.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEW-EZ-Light...item259d9bb12d
Old 01-13-2015, 08:17 PM

it hasn't sold there is still 6 days.

It a chinese FW you will read all kinds of ya N nays on those. most shown here are priced around $500. so higher than the real thing. IF I were into those and had afew or was looking for my first one. could do a pickup on it, I'd buy the machine.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:23 PM

I have googled it and must be using the wrong words, because I can't find anything on it.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 PM

http://www.sewsing.com/featherweight221.php

or go to all brands,com or alpha sew ?

my understanding is there so close, just like the 70/80's 15 reporo's that all parts interchange

paint it Rusty O Red add the repro singer decals and Bingo, it's 800$ machine.

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxx; 01-13-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Banned

The few times I've read about someone having one of these, they said they didn't sew worth beans, a poor substitute for the real thing.

Cari
Old 01-14-2015, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

The description says it has a drop in bobbin.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:28 AM

And honestly, for $150 or whatever they're charging, you can find a FW. I bought one from Goodwill's online site for $101 because it "didn't work." It had a thread jam and was working within about three minutes. I paid $30 to have the foot pedal rewired (exposed wires) and it hums right along. If you really want a Featherweight, keep looking (I've bought all of mine from eBay, and sold a couple of them locally on Craigslist) and eventually one will pop up at a reasonable price. Good luck!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:58 AM

I think the description is wrong. How can there be a "drop in bobbin" when there is no plate for it to be under? Another thing, look at the first picture; not how far the hang on motor protrudes into what little sewing space there is. Then there is the screws on the end of the motor that act as the light mount, those would snag your fabric horribly. "IF" I collected FW's, I might be tempted to buy one of these to show the difference between the real thing, and the Chinese knock offs. But to sew on .... no. Joe
Old 01-14-2015, 06:59 AM

I went to a seminar, last year, given by a FW collector - Using FWs in his collection, he gave lots of excellent info on their development, showed the subtle design changes throughout the years of production and some of the different accessories, promotional ads and tables. It was a great seminar and I learned a lot!

He did have one of these EZ machines and showed how it compared to the Singer FWs. He pointed out some of the flaws and showed how the quality of the stitch did not compare to the Singers. He strongly stated that he thought it was, overall, inferior to the FWs and didn't recommend them.

...he had a few GE Standard Sewhandy machines & I quickly added it to my "must have" list
Old 01-14-2015, 07:25 AM

I wouldn't have bought this for the price since it isn't a FW. I was just curious about it since I have never seen or heard of one. I would expect it to not be comparable to a Singer FW. Interesting, thanks for the info from those that did know of it.