Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Fabric collecting vs machine collecting >

Fabric collecting vs machine collecting

Fabric collecting vs machine collecting

Old 04-18-2013, 05:47 PM

Default Fabric collecting vs machine collecting

For years I collected fabric and hubby hardly noticed! Lol fabric just absorbs into other fabric. U know what I mean right? You just slip it in hahahaha
But sewing machines! I have ten already and want a pink one badly. How do I absorb that in???
Helpful hints appreciated!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:48 PM

I tell mine he makes the money, I spend it! That's how it is.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:11 AM

My DH use to shake his head and smile with every new to me machine I carried home. Then he started noticing them in yard sales and started adopting them too. Its contagious I say spread those wonderful germs about. : )
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
My DH use to shake his head and smile with every new to me machine I carried home. Then he started noticing them in yard sales and started adopting them too. Its contagious I say spread those wonderful germs about. : )
He IS A KEEPER!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:42 AM

My husband has the bug now also. He will go to a yard sale or the thrift store and call me because he has found a machine. I also have 10 and counting. By the way I have trained him on fabric also. (hee hee)
Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

Sew it a black cover. Pink would sure stand out.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 AM

When I saw your subject, I thought you were going to make me choose only one to collect!! I'm up to 13 machines and more fabric than I can use in 2 lifetimes!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:29 PM

It is just so hard to let those poor machines go homeless just like it is too hard to let that pretty fabric stay in the store. I have to ask DH "how many screwdrivers and hammers do you really need?"
Old 04-20-2013, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Sew it a black cover. Pink would sure stand out.
Hahahahahaha.... Anna you are too funny!

Sideways, Maybe if you take your hubby along with you on the sewing machine safari, he will catch the jungle fever too. Mine did. Now sewing machines are one of the things he keeps an eagle eye out for at yard and estate sales.

Debbie, thank goodness we didn't have to choose!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM

You know that is really a hard one I have 2 treadles one in the sewing room and one in the bedroom, (5) 99's that I have converted to hand cranks for make and takes, one beautiful original hand crank, (sits on top of a treadle) (3) Pfaff 1222's that I have for parts for one to use, of course a serger, an Elna Lotus, a Feather weight, a 301, (2) can't remember what they are in cabinets (one is in the kitchen holding the coffee pot the other is in the cutting room holding stacks of fabric to cut) I have 3 hidden in the broom closet, one sitting on the floor in the living room that is officially the GD's (a hand crank that she loves) then a dear friend passed away and I inherited a few from her. I have machines that were kept at church till I found a place for them and machines that visited friends and neighbors until they found their place in the house. Once in a while hubby will say something but only if he has tripped over it and stubbed his toe. Till then I keep collecting and enjoying my machines and no matter what I always have a machine to sew on. That reminds me I do have a Pfaff 7570 that is currently my work horse. But remember machines in small cabinets make great end tables, night stands and computer desks. Machines in wood boxes make conversation pieces. You can stack a lot of machines in cases in the closet behind your clothes and don't forget a machine or 3 in the entry way to great your guests.