Featherweight Class

Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Grinster
... To see a class overview go to Bill's website: www.featherweightcare.com

My little Emma or is it Penny (can't make up my mind)

Oh, for the moldy smelling case. Wipe out the case with equal parts of bleach and water and set in out in direct sun on a very hot day. Do this 3 times and then spray it with a antibacterial spray. It is the mold spores that make it smell!
HI! I went to the website you mentioned but was dissappointed that they didn't have tutorials or any classes planned for my area. Oh well. At least we have Billy.

About 3 weeks ago I purchased my FW 221-1 and guess what... I have been planning to call her Emma! It is my favorite name. Like you, I haven't decided for sure yet.

The case for my FW was musty smelling. I dumped baking soda in but really wanted to kill the mold spores. Thanks for your tips. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-05-2010, 07:26 AM

I'm going to post pic's of my new to me fw. Her name is Abigal Elizabeth, Abby for short. I named for her vin #'s which start with AE. She was born in the year of 1936. And not a bad looker for an old girl. Let me share with you what I did with my stinky case and it worked. Took out everything and washed the entire with straight bleach wiping it down right after with a wet rag. I sprayed the shelf and the entire inside well took rags and rinsed her and set her out in the sun all day. I took the books wrapped them in a fabric softner sheet and put them in a plastic bag. Today NO SMELL on anything. I also took shoe polish and the case cleaned up very well. Going to post pics of her now. Good Luck with yours.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
...Today NO SMELL on anything. I also took shoe polish and the case cleaned up very well. Going to post pics of her now. Good Luck with yours.
Thank you. You are much braver than I am apparently :shock: Wow, I am looking forward to getting rid of the smell. :lol: