Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Featherweight foot pedal not responding?

Featherweight foot pedal not responding?

My foot pedal doesn't respond sometimes. I have to push a few times. Is there something that can be adjusted?

You may have to take it apart. This happened with mine and the button part was cracked and finally broke. Easy fix - just glue it back and reassemble. Easy peasey!
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

Which pedal do you have? The original one? A replacement one that's electronic?
    If you can post a photo of the pedal, and another one once you take the 4 screws out of the bottom and lift the top off, we might be able to give you some ideas. (These instructions are assuming that it's the original button foot)
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99-, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

If you have my problem,my outlet doesn't always work unless the plug is in all the way. I live in an old farmhouse.and the electric is old.

mike'sgirl - that could be as simple as the outlet's old and could stand to be replaced. It's a really easy fix and uses only basic electrical knowledge and skills, can you or someone else do it?
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99-, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey