Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Featherweight Restoration

Blog Entries

Cool Featherweight Restoration

I cannot find anyone nearby to do a restoration on a FW. I have someone who can work on them and I can do maintainence but I want to do a custom job. Any suggestions for me for a restorer? I want to change the color and it's in pretty good shape I have several FW that are nicely restored to original status. I just want one to have fun with! I'm in San Diego County, CA Thanks and have a great weekend.
    Frankie,
    Toy Poodle Lacybelle's mom

Blog Entries
    There's a man in Arkansas, that does the repainting. Search on here for his address.

FW Resoration

Quote Originally Posted by Tinabug View Post
    I cannot find anyone nearby to do a restoration on a FW. I have someone who can work on them and I can do maintainence but I want to do a custom job. Any suggestions for me for a restorer? I want to change the color and it's in pretty good shape I have several FW that are nicely restored to original status. I just want one to have fun with! I'm in San Diego County, CA Thanks and have a great weekend.
    I live in Fallbrook. I have a friend in Anaheim who specializes in FW repair and also paints them. I highly recommend him. His name is Lloyd Askew and his e-mail is: laskew9243@gmail.com.
    Irene
    Redwork Queen

Bonnie Hunter just had a Featherweight painted and it seemed like it was quite reasonable. I don't know the name, but I bet you could find it on your blog.
    Karen in Kentucky

I found Bonnie Hunter's paint guy for you. Here's his website: http://home.cablelynx.com/~rambo2/Colors/index.htm

And this is his email: http://home.cablelynx.com/~rambo2/Colors/index.htm
    Karen in Kentucky

Blog Entries
    My go to guy:http://www.sewingmachinesteve.com/Pages/default.aspx

Steve has a mechanical engineering degree and does beautiful work. He ships internationally as well.

Please don't settle for a "cheap" job. You will never be happy and it's a disservice to a beautiful machine.
    Holli
    Your Favorite (Retired) School Librarian

Post a photo when you get her done!
    Warning! If someone comes to your door telling you they are from the government and they're checking to see how bad the ticks are in your area, and then tell you to take off your clothes and dance around so they can check for ticks.... DON'T DO IT!!! This is a scam! They just want to see you naked! I wish someone had told me this yesterday, I feel so stupid.
    http://www.quiltdasher.blogspot.com/...bel/long%20arm