Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
A find of a lifetime, a free Pfapp 130 >

A find of a lifetime, a free Pfapp 130

A find of a lifetime, a free Pfapp 130

Old 04-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Banned

Dragon I love using a knee lever, I much prefer it to chasing a foot controller around the floor. I have two cabinets with knee controllers. One for my vintage Singers and one for my other vintage machines. Both have a very good controller in them. It's so much easier for me to have complete speed control with a knee lever.
I don't know how you deal with packing around such a heavy machine, I hate just loading them in the car to go somewhere. There's no way I could carry one around on a bus.

Cari
Old 04-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Dragon I love using a knee lever, I much prefer it to chasing a foot controller around the floor. I have two cabinets with knee controllers. One for my vintage Singers and one for my other vintage machines. Both have a very good controller in them. It's so much easier for me to have complete speed control with a knee lever.
I don't know how you deal with packing around such a heavy machine, I hate just loading them in the car to go somewhere. There's no way I could carry one around on a bus.

Cari
Good to know. As I wrote, I am going to try the knee controler.

And yes, it is a pain to lug cast iron sewing machines around on the bus. I usually put them in rolling luggage though I think I hauled one in a backpack once. Back in my musician days I'd haul two or three bags of recording equipment on the bus and since the bus routes never went quite where I needed them I'd take my bike too. Yes, hundreds of dollars of recording equipment in bags on a bike! Compaired to that, carrying a sewing machine and a project in progress isn't too bad *laughs*
Old 04-12-2016, 04:42 PM

It looks great. Hope that you can get in working order. Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

What a fun find! Congrats, and happy stitching~
Old 04-14-2016, 08:31 AM

What a great find! I have one nearly like it that was included in the purchase of a large garage/shop and property we bought about 4 years ago. I had it serviced and it sews better than any other machine I own. Mine has a box-like mechanism on the top that can do some embroidery stitches - seems to be very rare. A previous owner must have been a heavy smoker and I couldn't get all the nasty yellow smoke stains out, so I painted it white and updated the drawer knobs (old knobs were partly plastic and broken). This machine is my first choice when I sew. I also got all the attachments, manual and several boxes of notions and sewing tools with it. The seller of the property was so excited that I was a seamstress, he just started adding all of his deceased mother's sewing items to the sale - no extra cost.

As a "p.s." - we are building a house on the property this Summer and about half of the basement will be my new sewing space. It will be a dream come true.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:38 AM

Wow firstlhilt, you're so lucky! I would have loved to have gotten the model with the extra stitches but they are rare. A machine with them was the first video I saw when researching my 130 and it looked great. But I am NOT compaining, Grazielinda is more than I ever expected to get!

And all the extra sewing items you got, and a new sewing space soon?! I'm so envious!

I'd love to see a picture of you 130 if you have one to share.