Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foot replacemnet on a F.W.?

Foot replacemnet on a F.W.?

I have several F.W.'s & they all need new feet. The ones that are on them look like they dissolved 1st & then hardened tough as a rock!!! I bought new feet but don't want to do anything that would scrape the finish on the machines. HELP!!!! All help will be greatly appreciated. I know that this is the absolute best place to ask!! Thanks

They take any low shank, straight stitch foot. Try SewClassic.

are you talking about the presser foot or the foot pedal? In old machines, the rubber on the cord dries out as it ages and it might also have melted if exposed to high heat...
    Kate

Quote Originally Posted by ktbb View Post
    are you talking about the presser foot or the foot pedal? In old machines, the rubber on the cord dries out as it ages and it might also have melted if exposed to high heat...
    I'm talking about the 4 feet on the bottom of the machine itself. (the doughnut shaped ones) Sorry I wasn't more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeyscorner View Post
    I'm talking about the 4 feet on the bottom of the machine itself. (the doughnut shaped ones) Sorry I wasn't more specific.
    Those can also be had from Sew-Classic and other places. Easy to replace and not overly expensive.

Joe

It's the removal of the old ones I have a problem with. I purchased new ones from Sew-Classic & now I'm stuck.

They require a little prying sometimes.
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

I replaced mine and if I remember they had a little screw in the center . I actually got clear shower door bumpers and put those on. Worked..

A friend helped me replace them... He said he had to use penetrating oil to loosen the screw because they were all gunked up.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeyscorner View Post
    It's the removal of the old ones I have a problem with. I purchased new ones from Sew-Classic & now I'm stuck.
    I service Featherweights and have gotten some machines that I have to take small screwdriver and scrape them out so I can put the new ones in. There is a screw holding each bed cushion on, Singer called them bed cushions...why I don't know.
    Sharon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast