Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Found the machine I coveted for a while now!!! >

Found the machine I coveted for a while now!!!

Found the machine I coveted for a while now!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

What an awesome machine!!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM

Irish Rose, I got that machine almost in your backyard!! Thought about you during the trip, was close to Cadillac, but didn't get into town.
Charlee, thank you for posting that link. and thank you everyone for the comments, I can't wait to play with her.
Yes, Monroe, a collector. There are 4 behind this one, a two spools that sews beautifully, and I didn't have to do much to that one to make it go, it came from the Traverse City area, Irish Rose posted a link to the CL ad. One is a FREE that I cleaned up and it also sews beautifully. The other two are a Minnesota and I can't remember the other. That is terrrible. I have another 6 or so out in the garage, various brands, and the rest are upstairs in my sewing area. I am going to post a picture if I ever have it neat enough to photo. LOL I need to find a place to set up all my tredles so I can use them. I have 4 machines set up now, a featherweight, a 301, my old Kenmore and a newer Janome. I need a couple more. Sometimes when I have a group we have to bounce around and share!! How horrible is that!? I have about 36 machines. most are in a cabinet or case, but there are 3, bare naked,. They are lined up under the mid-arm waiting for me to give them some more attention. I need a shop. We closed our party store and I would love to have that building for my machines, but couldn't afford it. They are taking over the house. DH and I have actually discussed getting rid of the couch to make room.

Last edited by buslady; 03-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Or should I say "machines"? Looks like you are a Collector!
Yes, please put pics of all your machines up on the VSM Photos page. I have an 1890 Davis VF, and they are very fun!! And DO absolutely join the Yahoo group DAVIS VF...they can tell you TONS of stuff about your machine.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:48 AM

I have a few posted on the pic thread, lost track of what is and is not posted, will get that strait in the next little bit and post the ones that are not already there. I will try to join the yahoo group, but I can barely keep up with this group so I prob won't spend a lot of time on there. Yea, right!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 AM

What a great machine, I am up in the UP and will be heading south at the end of April I would love to stop by this shop on my way to WV for an ATV vacation. Can you give me the name of the shop and a general area in Houghton Lake.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:02 AM

I wanna go junking with you sometime. lol Nice looking machine.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:59 AM

That is a beauty. She is going to be gorgeous when she is cleaned & shined up. Congrats. I am hoping for the same. I told my DH that I only want one more vintage & that would be a "Red Eye". My chances are probably slim & none but I can only wish.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:47 PM

buslady, nice find!!!!! Enjoy!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:10 PM

What a great find, enjoy your new friend
Old 03-18-2012, 05:58 PM

I wouldnt want to go junking with you, because there would be a fight! Nice find.