Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Found Treasure

All the info I have about them came from Jenny at Sew-Classic. She told me the foot controller should be rated for the same or more amps as the motor. I have two foot controllers that are rated below the motors on my machines and I haven't used them. She couldn't tell me what problems I'd have, but that the higher amp motors might ruin the controllers.

That's pretty much what I know. If you wired in that controller it might answer the question for us.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    Lucky you!!! I am hoping to come across a vintage machine when I least expect it...hope I have cash on hand when I see it tho!!
    I had to update my own post!! I happened!! I did come across a Singer 99 while dropping off a bag to Goodwill last night. I had NO idea I'd walk out with a beauty...my Bella.
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

They are sweet machines. I have 6-66s and 2-99s. As far as I'm concerned they are the best of the old Singer straight stitchers.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    I had to update my own post!! I happened!! I did come across a Singer 99 while dropping off a bag to Goodwill last night. I had NO idea I'd walk out with a beauty...my Bella.
    Yippee for you!! I named mine Sambo...

I'm not concerned about ruining the controller but I don't want to mess up the motor. So if it won't mess up the motor I think I'm going to try to wire up the foot controller when the cord set box comes in. I will try to let you know how it works out.
    T Good

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    All the info I have about them came from Jenny at Sew-Classic. She told me the foot controller should be rated for the same or more amps as the motor. I have two foot controllers that are rated below the motors on my machines and I haven't used them. She couldn't tell me what problems I'd have, but that the higher amp motors might ruin the controllers.

That's pretty much what I know. If you wired in that controller it might answer the question for us.

Joe
    Check out this link... http://www.briansews.com/2009/10/ele...g-machine.html I found it interesting and thought you may too.

T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2