Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: free to good home

nms

Smile free to good home

I have acquired a white sewing machine with many attachments. Not quite sure what I have-label on back says patented 10-25-1927. Not sure if she runs-cord to the foot pedal needs replacement. Looks to have been well taken care of. Would anyone be interested in her-just hate to drop her at AmVets-would prefer to send her to a good home. I am in the Buffalo, NY area.

That is super nice of you, wish I lived in NY. Maybe call a school and a student could use it. Do the Amvets sell item or trash it?

nms
    AmVets sells the items. Would rather gift her to someone that would take care of her
    Be, happy, be safe, be healthy

I live in Buffalo, NY. Would you have a photo of it? I can usually fix a lot, but electrical is a bit dicey for me.
    Thanks,
    Linda

Wish I lived in Buffalo. If you can turn screws Linad, and find a replacement cord you can do the cord fairly easy. I did my 201 and it was 4 screws when I bought the replacement cord from Singer repaidperson. Could you post a picture?
    Carol

Blog Entries
    I live near Rochester area. Unfortunately I already have two machines and am good with them. Do you participate in the shop hop every spring in your area? I do! Love Sew What LQS!!!!

If you can't find anyone else to adopt her, I'll gladly take her off your hands and try my luck with her though.
    Go forth and sew!

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wished I lived closer I would take her in a heart beat.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

nms
    Thank you everyone for your responses ) I think I have found a home for her.
    Be, happy, be safe, be healthy

Blog Entries
    If you can find someone who can fix it and give it to a young up and coming seamstress.

I live in watertown NY but gone for a few months. Sorry I missed it.