Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: G E Model A, Sewhandy Machine

G E Model A, Sewhandy Machine

Hi all. I just won the auction for a pretty green, pre-featherweight portable machine. Won't receive it until later next week, but I do know that it doesn't run. It powers up and the light works, but pushing the foot control does nothing. From past experience, I'm suspecting it needs a new foot control. Anyone know if there is a replacement that will work with this machine? Would appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks!

Mary,

Congrats on the win!

My wife wanted that machine REALLLLLLY bad. Her father worked for GE in FT Wayne, IN for over 40 years. But she didn't want to bid as high as it went.

Before condemning the foot controller I'd wait till you actually get the machine. It could be something as simple as a broken wire in the cord. And cords can be replaced. I've done a bunch of them.

If it does need a new foot controller, just about any two wire controller will work. Sew-Classic sells some nice ones. I've got three or four machines now using the controllers she sells.

Again congrats on that cute little machine. Once you get it up and running please give us a test report.

Joe

Was that the one on the Goodwill auction site? I though it was so cute. Congrats!
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain