What a score Steve!
Welcome to the Quilting Board!
What a score Steve!
Steve it is awesome that you found that machine, but what makes it even better is the fact that you also got the case! I think it is pretty rare to get that little machine and get the case! What a lucky guy you are!
That case sure looks like a FW case?
Last edited by BoJangles; 01-25-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Thanks for sharing this in such detail! Very interesting! Like others, now I want one!
Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!
Beautiful machine. Wish there were treasures around here like that!
That is great! So cool! Thanks for sharing!
Any day spent quilting is a good day!
ok, folks as promised, here are the pics of the dismantle of the "Wee Greenie"
Fun scale reference
Interesting swing down bobbin holder
here are two shots of the bobbin case and bobbin
and the empty race
One of the interesting things about the transitional machines is where they were able to pick and choose different companies features and make an entirely new machine. Foot mounting looks familiar
This one shows the color more accurately
here is a closeup of the stitch length adjuster, It would seem to be in the way but in the tests we did it does not seem to be.
I am hoping to find a more appropriate belt this Saturday at sewing machine store.
(he's gonna freak out when he sees this)
Last edited by SteveH; 01-25-2013 at 08:36 AM.
WOW!!! Thanks for showing us what was before the featherweight. Now I want one of those too!!! What a great find!
so here is the actual teardown.
I think this was a mostly display piece, the outside is so much cleaner that the inside, but no real wear
and HERE it begins.... this is the wooden base removed
This grease was so old and hard I needed to use a dental pick, oil and a wire brush to get it clean.
After reassembly, this was the first stitch (from the GOOD side....)
ok, rather than posting a 4 shot "reveal", here is the underside with the stitch attempts from right to left..
the original wild thing, then with a little bit of tension, then with the tension pretty snug.
"modeling shot" (note: check out the "test wiring" The twisted ends are just pressed into the receptacle. DO NOT DO THIS at home kids... )
Here is the shot showing the new end on my foot pedal. (it is actually a early outlet plug)
here was the first attempt, but later i just removed the splice and wired directly into the foot pedal
And For Nancy...here is my favorite part of the case kit... never even unpacked.
Some previous NERF repainted the case (and hinges, and latches....grrrr)
Last edited by SteveH; 01-25-2013 at 08:56 AM.
ok, for those with hearts of steel, here is a video of it on the first test before the cleaning.
and here is a video of it running a stitch after cleaning
Wow! Love it....and am alittle jealous too but happy for you!