Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Gideon has decals!

Gideon has decals!

Isn't he so handsome?

I love how clean the decals are. I wish there were some way to get them on the bed flat, so that there wasn't that little bit of a rise up from the bed of the machine, but it's really not noticeable at all.

Unfortunately, pollen or something buggered up the clear coat, so I had to sand that down. Going to try and get another clear coat on, I'm just praying I haven't completely buggered things up forever.

Blog Entries
    Did you get these from the eBay source or somewhere else? I think you did a GREAT job with the paint!!

Wow - looks just like new! I'm impressed at all your work.

Blog Entries
    You wanted to clear coat over the decals anyhow, so it's all good. Your machine looks great!
    jlm5419-an Okie in California
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Did you get these from the eBay source or somewhere else? I think you did a GREAT job with the paint!!
    Thank you! I got the decals from Keeler Sales on eBay; great seller, and the decals were very easy to put on with clear instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by jlm5419 View Post
    You wanted to clear coat over the decals anyhow, so it's all good. Your machine looks great!
    Thanks! Unfortunately those pictures are from before the clear coat; right now he looks pretty pitiful with his sanded bits. I'm just crossing my fingers that it all evens out once I put another clear coat on, other wise I'm in big trouble.

Beautiful job.

Awesome work Brynn. What time of the day did you spray on the clear coat? Perhaps spraying the next clear coat early in the morning before the pollen starts flying will give better results.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Awesome work Brynn. What time of the day did you spray on the clear coat? Perhaps spraying the next clear coat early in the morning before the pollen starts flying will give better results.
    Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I never think about pollen because I'm not allergic, but my boyfriend is. I should have known better when he was sniffling and sneezing all weekend. I was painting in the late afternoon, so I think what I'll do is try to paint him early Wednesday morning before I go to work; the rain will have washed all the pollen away, and it'll be too early for it to get going again. But I'm sure it's for the best; I really wanted to make sure he got multiple coats of everything so that he really shone.

Handsome machine and you are doing a great job. Anyway to move it inside to dry, that would keep lots of things off of it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.