A gift I need help with!

Old 04-21-2016, 05:16 PM

Hope you enjoy your machine, she has some beautiful decals.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:28 AM

I was playing with her yesterday and found a manual and feet in a drawer. the manual is for a 127 and 128. The feet don't look like they fit anything. Does anyone know anything about those. I can take a picture later and post it but the feet look like they attach to something other than the foot post. I don't know what that is called. The manual is small and I need to find a magnifying glass to see it. I will ask my friend if she has the other machine and if the feet may fit it but if not I have a manual to give away.
Lynda
Old 04-22-2016, 03:52 AM

How is the mechanism turning? Have you threaded it up?

As far as I can see, model 115 is a general low shank with fitting screw that goes onto the left side of the presser bar. The manual is wrong for your model, likely from a different machine. Model 128 and 127 are general low shanks too, any feet from them should fit your machine. I guess you have a collection of odd bits and bobs in your drawers. Singer are often low shanks, but there are back clamp models, high shanks, and later slant shanks. Other makers had different fittings for the feet, in theory it could be any of a larger number of things.

Manuals are usually small green leaflets with nice illustrations, easily read with out glasses (I'm a bit near sighted though).

Last edited by Mickey2; 04-22-2016 at 03:55 AM.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:31 AM

I have a 115 with the Tiffany/Gingerbread decals. Its a wonderful machine to sew with for both quilt piecing and quilting, awesome for FMQ. https://www.flickr.com/photos/391684...7635200193383/

Sharon in Texas
Old 04-22-2016, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz View Post
I was playing with her yesterday and found a manual and feet in a drawer. the manual is for a 127 and 128. The feet don't look like they fit anything. Does anyone know anything about those. I can take a picture later and post it but the feet look like they attach to something other than the foot post. I don't know what that is called. The manual is small and I need to find a magnifying glass to see it. I will ask my friend if she has the other machine and if the feet may fit it but if not I have a manual to give away.
Lynda
There are some "parts" that attach to the bed of the machine. Need pictures to identify. If you are so inclined the parts list can be found at http://parts.singerco.com/IPpartCharts/115-1_2.pdf along about page 22 of the pdf it starts showing some of the attachments for the 115 (and other low shank machines). The hemmers would attach to the bed of the machine. There are some other items that Singer called "Fashion Aids" that one could get that would not be attached to the machine - I'm thinking along the lines of the hand pinker and material gripper. I don't think I saw those in the pdf referred to above.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:18 AM

I have 2 of the Wings decal machines waiting for me to clean them up. It is extremely hard to find one
with the decals in good shape- Congratulations! I don't think either of mine came with a manual but I'll look this weekend.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:05 PM

What a wonderful friend you have! Beautiful machine, and the six drawer treadle table is really nice.