Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Gold decals

  1. #1
    Junior Member davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Posts
    133

    Gold decals

    I am wanting to restore some older Singer machines(1941 , 1951 , 1952) back to brand new condition. I am looking for replacement gold decals for these machines. If anyone one can help please let me know.

    thank you

    ~Davef

  2. #2
    Super Member Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,906
    Blog Entries
    1
    Billy from this site should be able to help you (Lost51)
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

  3. #3
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,337
    From what I have heard there are only decals available for the Singer Featherweights. Some folks have figured out how to do them on their computers and done decals but that is way beyond my abilities.
    Lisa

  4. #4
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central CA - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,068
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
    From what I have heard there are only decals available for the Singer Featherweights. Some folks have figured out how to do them on their computers and done decals but that is way beyond my abilities.
    Yes, what Lisa said. Only Featherweight decals are produced commercially. One of the VSMS regulars figured out a way to do it, but I don't remember who it was. Put up your question in the VSMS thread, and someone will answer you.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    middle TN
    Posts
    994

    tenngal

    I ordered one from Glenn Williams out of Florida for $16

  6. #6
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,604
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Yes, what Lisa said. Only Featherweight decals are produced commercially. One of the VSMS regulars figured out a way to do it, but I don't remember who it was. Put up your question in the VSMS thread, and someone will answer you.
    Janice, off topic but I love your signature line. That is so true.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  7. #7
    Super Member whinnytoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,234
    Id like to find the decals for a Featherweight. Just got one that is in very poor condition and want to try my hand at restoring it

  8. #8
    Senior Member Grannyh67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Barling, Arkansas
    Posts
    729
    Blog Entries
    1
    Love the signature line, true word there. LOL
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Super Member nwm50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,185

    Decals for FW

    Quote Originally Posted by whinnytoo View Post
    Id like to find the decals for a Featherweight. Just got one that is in very poor condition and want to try my hand at restoring it
    found mine on E-Bay from Sue Torres forgot her avatar name though but address is 986 Rose Ave E Saint Paul, MN 55106
    Best bet is to go on ebay & type in "Decals for Singer Sewing Machines"
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

  10. #10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.