Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got a Beautiful Dressmaker Deluxe SWA 2000

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Thanks Mighty.

After using the machine for a bit, we realized that the stitch length isn't long enough. The selector knob is set to the max and looking at the mechanisms it attaches to, seems to be doing its thing. Oddly, on the back side of the fabric, the stitches look better. I'm a newbie at this stuff, but am guessing the dog is slightly hung up somewhere. Any suggestions for where I should be looking?
    Noel, is the pressure regulator pushed down or up? It should be down if it is up material won't feed through very well.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Identical Dressmaker Deluxe

Hi, I have an identical Dressmaker Deluxe #SWA-2000. I picked it up for peanuts at an auction here in Kansas. It didn't have a manual. Anyone able to point me in the direction of a printable manual on-line? I pick up machines that are clean, and working for 4-H members. I have 3 cabinet models, and 3 in hard cases. I have not paid over $10 each for any of them. They are usually at the end of the auctions...The kids don't mind, as long as they work!

Good for you. I hate that we live in such a disposable society. That's why these vintage machines appeal so much to me. You can actually fix them instead of throwing them away. What a concept. I just printed the manual from this site: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintag...achines/files/ Lots of other ones there too.

Does anyone have a photo/color of the cams this machine takes? I just picked one up today. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2