Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
got my W&G and 230 miles to go. >

got my W&G and 230 miles to go.

got my W&G and 230 miles to go.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:27 AM

Default got my W&G and 230 miles to go.

It's electric, with the case and attachments. Replacement footpedal. It's in the trunk and we are heading west. Will share pictures when we get home.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:06 PM

"Westbound and down.....loaded up and.....(car'in?)"

CD in Oklahoma
Old 02-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
It's electric, with the case and attachments. Replacement footpedal. It's in the trunk and we are heading west. Will share pictures when we get home.
Woo Hoo!! Shiny side up.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:46 PM

I thought it was "green side up" . . . oh, wait, that is a different profession!

Here she is, and yes, there is a bend in the corner of the plate, but I knew about that before I bid.

Overall, the machine is in nicer shape than I expected from the pictures. I've found that happens more often than the other way around, most machines just don't photograph well. I know mine almost never look as good in pictures as they do in person.

This machine came with the case, but not an original foot pedal. I'm not sure if I'll look for one or not.

The case has a crack we'll need to repair. I really like this case. But I'm "into" neat cases and cabinets.

And assorted accessories. I already have a set, and this one came with two tuckers and two narrow and wide hemmers. There are also two manuals, one from 1909 and the other from 1919, along with some other paperwork, including a receipt for needles dated 1934, and an inspection certificate for machine #565294"B" dated July 21 - 08.

Unfortunaly most of the paperwork and the manuals don't go with my electric machine - well, except for the receipt for needles, that could be.

So I'll still need to look for a manual for an electric machine - anyone have one to trade for an older one? I know what I have should work to figure out how to thread and use the machine and attachments.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:02 PM

Very nice machine.
Rodney
Old 02-17-2014, 06:18 AM

my husband looked over the wiring, and we won't be plugging this one in for a while - the insulation right where the wire enters the motor is gone and you can see bare wires.

This is a case where someone rewired - but they used wire too large in diameter and could not get it to fit correctly where it goes into the motor and the other switch housing. so they trimmed the outer coating back to just before the entry and ran the wires with no extra support into the housing. Since that is a significant flex point, the coating on the individual wires has worn off.