Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Graybar sewing machine and Majestic sewing machine assistance needed >

Graybar sewing machine and Majestic sewing machine assistance needed

Graybar sewing machine and Majestic sewing machine assistance needed

Old 02-24-2015, 06:06 PM

Question Graybar sewing machine and Majestic sewing machine assistance needed

Hi, I have 3 machines, little cash. My singer tredle can't use because I have to buy a part. It is non electric, so then I tried to get my Majestic to go, I spent practically the whole day. I don't have a manual or the cash for it. Question is it is 302L model, which needle does it take, what direction do I put it in and which way do I thread it. Also, I a have the thread from the spool then going through the circle in the metal peice which is located on the top back and top front of the machine before moving on down. These peices of metal are opposite each other.....I have tried everything I could find online to get the thread to not slip out of the needle, trust me. So the other machine is a Graybar, it has no pedal, it is in a cabinet that came with it I believe with what looks like a pedal affixed under the cabinet, on the left, only one plug from machine, what do I do press that with my hand, oy and how to thread it, someone before me did, my relatives died. Anyone have any free info to assist me in threading and with the needle situations so I can do basic sewing......
Old 02-24-2015, 07:30 PM

Welcome! Can you take pictures of your machines and post them here? Often we won't recognize a model number unless it's a common Singer model but we will recognize a machine. Many machines are identical in operation and made in the same factories, they just have different brand names on them.
Rodney
Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 AM

Sounds like the Graybar may have the knee operated control. Is there a metal bar that can swing down so you could push it with your right knee while sitting at the cabinet?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:01 AM

what part do you need for your Singer Treadle - I've got lots of spare Singer parts sitting around.

Have no clue on the Majestic - but the Graybar is most likely a National made machine. Pictures would be helpful to identify which one. I've got manuals for quite a few.