Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
The Greyhound has landed, part 1 - unpacking >

The Greyhound has landed, part 1 - unpacking

The Greyhound has landed, part 1 - unpacking

Old 02-03-2014, 08:58 AM

Her seller was some guy on Craigslist - so in a lot of ways, she's lucky he was even willing to ship - and there is no recourse other than to NOT send him additional money for the great packing job he did.

But sometimes you need to take chances if you really want something hard to find - and overall things turned out well. He could have easily kept the money and never sent anything.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:12 AM

While I think greyhounds are practically perfect, they occasionally come home with issues. TLC works wonders and with this Greyhound R, a little elbow grease. I am happy to have it in it's forever home. How it got here is not as important as that it is here. The case top is off with a patient who enjoys woodworking. He also thinks he can get the spool bit out for me. I truly appreciate all the support, advice, information & hand holding from you all. Thank you for letting me vent but I'm done. It's time to focus on my new sweetie, continue slowly working on my Godzilla & Sphinx, sew, quilt, walk my Mikey and keep up with QB and your new finds. You are all the best!!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Nice machine GreyQ! Others will weigh in soon, but I would glue (with wood glue) down the wood bits that fit nicely and use a wood putty or patching material for the missing wood.
And I would ignore his requests for more money, if he won't leave you alone tell him you want damage repair costs reimbursed - that will make him go away...

Congrats on getting a Greyhound
* Ditto on this!