Hancranks/Handcrank Kits

Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 PM

Thanks Billy. I still haven't decided which machine will get the honor of becoming a handcrank. I think it will be the 99 that my dental hygienist gave me (it belonged to her grandmother). I haven't been able to use it because the wires are in awful shape.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Very nice!!! Now I just need to get the treadle that was promised to me! Don't know how old or anything about it. Hopefully I will get it by Fall.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
I'll send you a PM. I have several machines that could be converted to handcrank because the electric wiring is bad but the machines, themselves, are nice. Thanks Billy
Mine should be here any day now. I'll be on the lookout for how to do a "motorectomy" :mrgreen:
Mine came in the mail, today!! Thank you, Billy!! I think I will convert one of my 99's. The wiring is bad on both of them. Is it a hard job to convert it? The directions on Treadle On seem very confusing!!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Banned

It is very simple..........

Take the motor off of the machine and set it to the side. Save the bolt you will need it, if you dont have one then there will be on in the kit. Then you remove the handwheel by taking the screw out of the clutch release knob and unscrewing it completely. Take the washer off and make sure you remember how it is sitting on the machine this is important. Then slide the handwheel off of the machine and oil the shaft then replace with the new handwheel. Put the washer back then screw the knob back on and return the set screw in its place. Bolt the hand crank on and make sure it is good and tight and your ready to go!!

Billy
Old 03-09-2011, 06:34 AM

Thanks! I'll post a picture when I get it on.