Hand Crank Singer?

Old 05-24-2012, 01:26 PM

Default Hand Crank Singer?

I was with a group of quilters today and one lady brought in pictures of some sewing machines to be sold. Three were toy machines with one was in the box with instructions, and the other was a lovely hand rank singer. I was really impress because in the pictures it looks like new. The lady that brought in the pictures is looking for a place for the owner to find out about the machines and how much they are worth. I told her to make sure the lady did not throw them out and I would post here. The lady that owns them is not a quilter or for that fact a sewer. She has no idea what she has and I would like to give her websites to go to for the information she needs. I know about the Singer website to date the machine but I don't have any idea on how to find out what it is worth. Can someone help me point her in the right direction?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:38 PM

I have found, at least where I am, that there is no way to determine the "worth" of a machine...it is "worth" what the buyer is willing to pay and the seller is willing to sell for. That said, perhaps some of the others on the Board will jump in and be able to offer you more definitive information. Sorry...
Old 05-26-2012, 03:40 PM

Look on eBay and see what they are selling for.