Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: happy days

happy days

well I'm new to the board and i just thought I would share about a year ago I got my treddle a 1929 redeye named rebecca two months ago I found charlott a centenal 1951 model 128 two days ago I found viola a 1948 fetherweight but she is on layaway and won,t be comming home till feb 8th so sad about that but I have been looking for her for at least four years cant post pics dont have a camara

• winter

Power Poster
    Welcome Winter! Wow, I never thought I would put those 2 words together. I am not a big fan of cold weather. Congratulations on owning some great old machines. I love my Singer treadle although I do own 2 modern Berninas too. Nothing sews like a treadle for difficult fabrics or blue jean seams. You'll find lots of antique machine lovers here.

Welcome to the board. You will love the vintage and antique machines displayed in this section. I also have a 1910 model Singer red eye which I bought in October.

Hi there - these old machines are so much fun! Congratulations on finding "your" Featherweight. I've been waiting a long time for mine, too but one finally showed up at a price I could justify a month or two back. I wish I could find a Red Eye in nice shape - especially one in an ornate parlor cabinet. Have fun collecting!

Winter, welcome to the board and congratulations on some very nice machines. I hope you will join in and let us know how you are sewing with them and any new machines you get. Especially when you get the FW home!
    Lisa

Lucky girl!

Blog Entries
    hi and welcome from NE Ohio. Sounds like you might have hit the jackpot.

anyone see or hear of an old machine "Boston" it was a treadle with a short belt and a case that covered the machine on the top . also a tension bar on the top of the machine with a screw .It was at an auction last night ,not in good shape and missing parts including missing throat plate, and shuttle bobbin. I had to leave before it was sold. so dont know what it went for. Caase was in real bad shape with peeling vaneer,
    "I do not understand ,how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to" ( and mine is my summer houseboat on a beautiful KY lake.) quote by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.

Do these machines come with names or do you name them?

Good morning:

Can anyone steer me in the right direction regarding needles for vintage machines. I need to purchase needles for Models 27, 15, 66, 127, and Wheeler and Wilson 9. Is there a chart somewhere that shows what needles these machines take and their modern equivalents? I have rescued several machines and they are running "like butter", but I can't test the stitching til I find needles. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast