Happy Holidays v.1

Old 12-17-2014, 03:12 PM

Happy Holidays to everyone and a great new year chock full of vintage sewing machines.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:16 PM

Merry Christmas to all, I still have three machines in my dining room, but it's o.k., we are going to our oldest daughter's for Christmas Day
Old 12-18-2014, 09:15 AM

We did the "move out sewing machines to make room" in the sunroom for the Christmas tree and all the upcoming festivities--we always have our family Christmas dinner and gift exchange on Christmas Eve so that the younger families can enjoy their personal time on Christmas morning. I'll be doing all the cooking, etc. for 12 to 15 of us, depending on work schedules. Can't hardly wait.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:19 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Happy holidays from the mountains. My husband and I are both from MN and so we know that: Mankato is the county seat of Blue Earth County. Blue Earth is the county seat of Faribault County. Faribault is the county seat of Rice County. And Duluth, Hibbing, and Virginia are the county seats of St Louis County. If there is another county that has three official county seats, I don't know of iit.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Krisb
Happy holidays from the mountains. My husband and I are both from MN and so we know that: Mankato is the county seat of Blue Earth County. Blue Earth is the county seat of Faribault County. Faribault is the county seat of Rice County. And Duluth, Hibbing, and Virginia are the county seats of St Louis County. If there is another county that has three official county seats, I don't know of iit.
You are really good at the counties! St. Cloud is in two counties.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:16 PM

I would really like to see the reasoning that was behind the naming and number of county seats in MN.
There's bound to be a story there somewhere.
Rodney
Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 PM

merry happy holidays!!!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:33 AM

Merry Merry! Turkey is in the oven, meatballs in the crockpot, cookies out, potatoes peeled & my 82 yr 0old Mom can't sit still even though dinner isn't until 6 PM and we can't put everything out now at 1:25 PM. Every dish has been arranged & rearranged 5 times. God bless her & heaven help me. My DS is in a bad mood because a big bottle of beer fell out of his car & broke on the driveway. SO Happy Festivus! May the grievances be aired! Actually he just needed feeding and he was in a much better mood. Even at Christmas, stuff happens. We have indoor plumbing, heat, light, food and our health as long as we don't eat like this everyday! It's all good here at my Mom's in St. Croix Falls, WI. We're lucky to still have her with us. She is the anchor of our family. I'm wishing you all dancing sugarplums, reindeer on your roof, peace and joy in your hearts! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:53 PM

Merry Christmas to All from near Albany, NY. The 50 degree weather is quickly melting the snow and ice so I hope Santa has his mud boots on and Rudolph's nose can light the way through the dense fog here at the lake. No presents to wrap, no cooking to do, just a quiet evening with hot cocoa and a toasted english muffin with apple butter. May you all enjoy playing with your wonderful vintage and antique machines in the coming year, and hope all those orphan machines are rescued to good homes.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Merry Christmas and I hope Santa brings everyone the machine that makes your heart go pitter patter.

Cari