Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Has anyone switched out a White needle bar for ...... >

Has anyone switched out a White needle bar for ......

Has anyone switched out a White needle bar for ......

Old 12-01-2014, 03:21 PM

Default Has anyone switched out a White needle bar for ......

Has anyone switched out a White needle bar for a Singer or other to utilize more feet options?

Added picture. See how they attach? They did not make a darning foot or embroidery foot among other things. [ATTACH=CONFIG]500814[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails il_340x270.585933023_o51u.jpg  

Last edited by yobrosew; 12-01-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:13 PM

no they don't - but that is something I want to try to make an adapter for.

What you may find is that even if you swap the presser bar you can't use the other feet because the needle isn't located in the same position in relation to the presser bar. Though something like a hopping or darning foot may not be a big deal as they are wide.

Your best solution may be to by a machine with a Singer presser bar already installed - like a Singer 15. Or buy a later White that takes side clamp feet.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Banned

Someone online makes an adapter for using side clamping feet on a back clamping Singer. Darned if I can remember who it is though.

Cari
Old 12-02-2014, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
no they don't - but that is something I want to try to make an adapter for.

What you may find is that even if you swap the presser bar you can't use the other feet because the needle isn't located in the same position in relation to the presser bar. Though something like a hopping or darning foot may not be a big deal as they are wide.

Your best solution may be to by a machine with a Singer presser bar already installed - like a Singer 15. Or buy a later White that takes side clamp feet.
I am having a serious love affair with the White and don't know if ready to step out on her with a Singer..... But lookie what I stumbled across. A lady, a very smart and practical lady, solved the FMQ foot issue for us Whiteys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hovO1kIMB3w I looked and looked for a solution and then this morning I get up and one change of wording in search I have found a solution. How cool is that? I did break down and try FMQ, something I have had a mental block on achieving success, the Elna that recently came into the house. Oh my, this 62C left me with enchanted and very successful. Only problem is I want to treadle. But at least now I know I can FMQ. And rather well for a novice.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Someone online makes an adapter for using side clamping feet on a back clamping Singer. Darned if I can remember who it is though.

Cari
Yeah, I saw that when I did not need it and I will be darned if I can find it now!!!!!