Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Have to get familiar with the treadle! >

Have to get familiar with the treadle!

Have to get familiar with the treadle!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:39 AM

Well CRAFTYBEAR - can't say you didn't warn me that storms were coming to Indiana! We got a DUZZIE last night...'lakes' and 'rivers' and overflowing ditches and creeks and flooded roads were all around in less that 20 minutes. Barrels (not buckets) came down...then the power went out...just as I was sitting down to sew.

After we started up the generator I had nothing to do. If I were more familiar with the Treadle, I could have sat down to sew. It was one of those days and I didn't have anymore brain or patience to refresh my memory on how to use it...kwim? Guess I'll have to take a refresher course with notes next week so I'm ready for the next outage.

Do you use your Treadle for every day sewing or just when the power goes out or is it just for looks?

Power was back on after 2 1/2 hours....then we went to sleep!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:27 AM

Sorry, you guys are having so much rain. All my family is in Indiana and when talking to them all I hear is about the RAIN!!!! I'm originally from Marion, but now live in FL. We sure could use some of the rain down here! I guess I'll have to learn how to do a "Raindance"!!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:27 AM

Jacksonville, fla got hit with some HARD rain last nite! Had some hail , trees falling, power failure, etc. At least it didn't last too long.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 AM

we had a big storm come thru here Sunday but nothing like you're getting. I'm using my treadle daily. Once you get the hang of its its easy. I've made two quilts on mine. Just need to sandwich and quilt them on it now.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

May have to get a treadle to go on a boat if the rain doesn't stop soon :shock: LOL More storms again last night :roll:

Sorry you lost your electric , makes for a LONG evening
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 AM

I have a model 27 singer treadle that I would love to use, but I'm too stupid too figure it out! It's not the treadling, it's winding that long shuttle bobbin that gives me fits.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 AM

go on youtube and there is a video on there that shows you how to wind the shuttle. I have the same machine and learned to wind it by watching that.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:52 AM

WNY is having the storm come through this afternoon. I really want some dry warm weather.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

I have only played on a treadle a bit... I could make it go backwards much easier than forwards LOL
Old 06-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Google Goddess

Hi,

Yep, I tried to warn everyone, the storms have been bad lately in Indiana.

Saturday night 1 1/2 inches of rain
Monday night 2 1/2 inches of rain
Tuesday night 1/4 inch

We are tired of rain. Our sump pump is going non stop under our house.

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Well CRAFTYBEAR - can't say you didn't warn me that storms were coming to Indiana! We got a DUZZIE last night...'lakes' and 'rivers' and overflowing ditches and creeks and flooded roads were all around in less that 20 minutes. Barrels (not buckets) came down...then the power went out...just as I was sitting down to sew.

After we started up the generator I had nothing to do. If I were more familiar with the Treadle, I could have sat down to sew. It was one of those days and I didn't have anymore brain or patience to refresh my memory on how to use it...kwim? Guess I'll have to take a refresher course with notes next week so I'm ready for the next outage.

Do you use your Treadle for every day sewing or just when the power goes out or is it just for looks?

Power was back on after 2 1/2 hours....then we went to sleep!