Help find my heart's desire

Old 01-11-2014, 06:29 AM

Default Help find my heart's desire

I know there's a forum for buying & selling but I'm posting this here for all of you sharp eyed fans of vintage machines. I have been smitten by JMiller's 3/4 Greyhound New Home. I'm keeping an eye out for other New Home Greyhound machines but this one with Greyhound spelled out on the frame is something special. When it showed up in my dreams last night I knew I needed help. I've shared my home with retired racing greyhounds for 12 yrs. I quilt coats for them, quilt portraits of them, make quilts for GPA-MN fundraisers. I've been waylaid by some other easily acquired machines but I'm focusing on Greyhounds again. I don't have a lot of room or $$ but I hope there's a 3/4 Greyhound out there looking to be adopted. If you ever see one, please remember me and send me a link or message in the notifications. I can't keep up with ebay, GW, CL locally let alone nationally so I am asking for a little help. Please, don't go out of your way but if you happen to see a nice greyhound at a sale or online, I'd love a heads up.

Here's a pic of JMiller's darling taken from another post. Joe, I hope you don't mind and I was just kidding about taking your machine to a country with no extradition treaty in that other post.
Attached Thumbnails greyhoundfrontview.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 07:55 AM

GreyQ,

Don't mind at all. I hope you find what you want. We don't know where the one we have came from. It was here when I got here in 99. Sat around with the case falling apart in the garage, then storage shed, then garage again until 2011 when I drug it out and fixed it up. As best we can tell it was part of an auction lot.

It's a cute little machine, that's for sure.

Joe
Old 01-11-2014, 12:54 PM

I will keep an eye out for you, thank you for being a greyhound person. I had two darling Italian greyhounds and I have a soft spot for them.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:03 PM

Greyhound mom here. I'll watch our area!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:56 AM

They occasionally show up on eBay - so I'll keep my eye out and let you know.

I believe this machine may take a National shuttle, as it's based on the National Eldredge BTE (same as my Wards). Free took over New Home, and then years later National - and then they all were gone.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:18 AM

I'll keep an eye out when I am out and about!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:02 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck and hope you get your heart's desire soon!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by GreyQ View Post
I know there's a forum for buying & selling but I'm posting this here for all of you sharp eyed fans of vintage machines. I have been smitten by JMiller's 3/4 Greyhound New Home. I'm keeping an eye out for other New Home Greyhound machines but this one with Greyhound spelled out on the frame is something special. When it showed up in my dreams last night I knew I needed help. I've shared my home with retired racing greyhounds for 12 yrs. I quilt coats for them, quilt portraits of them, make quilts for GPA-MN fundraisers. I've been waylaid by some other easily acquired machines but I'm focusing on Greyhounds again. I don't have a lot of room or $$ but I hope there's a 3/4 Greyhound out there looking to be adopted. If you ever see one, please remember me and send me a link or message in the notifications. I can't keep up with ebay, GW, CL locally let alone nationally so I am asking for a little help. Please, don't go out of your way but if you happen to see a nice greyhound at a sale or online, I'd love a heads up.

Here's a pic of JMiller's darling taken from another post. Joe, I hope you don't mind and I was just kidding about taking your machine to a country with no extradition treaty in that other post.
you might want to check this out not sure if this is what you want. greyhound is not spelled out on the head but it is there on the bed. here's the LINK OF THE MACHINE
Old 01-12-2014, 07:41 PM

I'm in KC but I'll keep an eye out too. Do you do do Lurcher/sighthound rescue too? I have a friend in that area who does lurcher stuff sometimes.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:54 AM

Maybe Joe will trade - it's not difficult to find a 3/4 model like this, just not easy to find one with Greyhound on it.