Help with inf on this machine

Old 04-23-2017, 09:07 AM

Default Help with inf on this machine

My sisters grandma just passed at 104! She has been given this machine, a Montgomery Wards. I cannot find any information on dating this machine. Can anyone help? Model B
Old 04-23-2017, 09:20 AM

Certainly a grand age to pass!

You have to give us something more to go on, post a picture and a few more details. From a quick search I couldn't find much on model B, but there are usually info on very similar models available.

Last edited by Mickey2; 04-23-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:30 AM

MW sold machines from the late 1800's to when they went out of business, so without a bit more info (picture is best) it's hard to give any information.

If it's pre 1940's, it's most likely made by National, if later, then it's probably a Japanese made machine.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:49 AM

Found something that said MW model B is a later style National Rotary machine. Could be badged "Damascus" also. However National used that particular name for MW for a lot of years. Don't know if they called all of them Model B or changed is as the machine changed.

National used names like ELdredge B,(EB) Improved Eldredge B (IEB), Expert B model T (BT), Then they had Rotray Model A and Rotary Model B.

then there is the late model B, and then the RBR, and then the RBRW (aka streamliner), and then they get to rotary model C.

You'll see Model B down the page. If it's that model, then was probably made between 1920-1935

http://www.needlebar.org/main/national/index2.html

FREE Quilting Newsletter