Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Help please with threading an old White bobbin for my treadle. >

Help please with threading an old White bobbin for my treadle.

Help please with threading an old White bobbin for my treadle.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:04 PM

I had a sneaking suspicion that perhaps the needle wasn't long enough, so that is something that I'll have to check up on. I so want to get this going, I'm sure it will be solid...........I like my Brother but honestly at times I think it's going to shake itself right off the table!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:07 AM

My White DRESSMASTER takes 15x1 needles. I believe that it's unaltered so I'm thinking yours should use that size too. And yes they are very solid machines. Just make sure the drive wheel isn't flat spotted. If it is it will make a roaring sound and vibrate a bit.

Joe
Old 08-06-2012, 02:27 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for all the tips as to what I should be looking at. The bobbin was threaded correctly..............but the trouble WAS with the needle. I did more searching on that subject and once the correct installation of the needle was made clear based on where the bobbin is loaded (side load = flat part of needle is to the right) that made ALLLLLLL the difference in the world. It plucked that bobbin thread up like an alien abduction!

I was all giddy until I tried to sew. The thread kept binding under the feed and the top thread would break. DUH. I had the needle threaded from the right and it should have been from the left.

Sews a solid seam like a dream! I'm happy!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Yippee! My little shuttle machine had a similar problem. I just pulled my needle out of the slot a bit, tightened it and it sews fine. It probably calls for a longer needle, but my little adjustment seems to be doing the trick.