Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Here is the base box my dh made for my Singer 99

Here is the base box my dh made for my Singer 99

My machine came in an ugly cabinet not worth a picture so he made this base box for "Grace". He added the special touch of carving quilt pattern on the box with the tiny spool knob. He's a keeper!Name:  DSC01804.JPG
Views: 692
Size:  816.2 KB
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

He did a great job. He is certainly worth keeping

Blog Entries
    That is super nice. Thanks for sharing a picture of the base. I have to make a couple of these for two of my vintage machines and I love looking at what other people make.

Very nice. I love the quilted pattern part.

Oh, isn't that clever? Love the quilty drawer for all your little bits and pieces. You are one lucky gal (some of us don't have handy hubbies).

Now, tell us about the foot on your 99.
    Dorothy in PA

That is sew nice!

Mine had the knee pedal that was attached to the big cabinet it was in. My husband changed it to be used as a foot pedal on the floor. Or did you mean the foot where the needle is? lol That is the original one I believe. I bought an extra foot and needles but I like keeping the needle in the machine that it came with. It looks pretty old too. When I go to actually sew with it I will change the needle. I have to study up on the pamphlet that I ordered so I can thread it correctly and see it actually sew. All the parts move nicely and quietly too without being threaded so I think it will sew fine.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Looks very nice. I like the tiling. I'm not ready to start on boxes yet as we have at least one other project to finish first. Heck, we need to spend a weekend doing something other than looking for new machines before I can even hope to finish that one

Very nice!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by totosmom View Post
    Oh, isn't that clever? Love the quilty drawer for all your little bits and pieces. You are one lucky gal (some of us don't have handy hubbies).

Now, tell us about the foot on your 99.
    Looks like a zipper foot attachment to me. Not a reguler standard sewing foot for the 99.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast