Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
here they are - my treasures from my most recent trip >

here they are - my treasures from my most recent trip

here they are - my treasures from my most recent trip

Old 11-23-2013, 10:01 AM

Default here they are - my treasures from my most recent trip

The White Rotary - I bought this machine so I would have one to go with the typical white rotary attachment set I have - and of course, the machine came with another set. I do love this machine! I do have the plate, but took it off for the ride home.

And the cabinet is so neat- and not real big - a plus at this point since I have so many cabinet.

Here is the Singer - I went brain dead when I looked at it and thought it was a 115. Went to look up the serial number and that said it should be a 15 - Yup - it sure is! The good part, I didn't have an older 15, while I have several older 115's. The seller listed it as "1940 Singer" but she's a 1914 model. Maybe that was a typo on the seller's part . . . I knew the machine was much older than 1940 from the start, but wasn't going to point that out to the seller in case they would think Old=more $$$.

Here is the cabinet the 15 came in - in this case I was after the cabinet. Will need some TLC on the top, but the drawers are all in great shape.

And the Domestic. I've wanted a coffin top style treadle base, and I also wanted a machine to go with the neat attachment set I bought. It just happened that I found one that fit the bill for both!

When I ended up with the attachment set, I had no idea what it went for and after doing some research decided it would be fun to have - and then one showed up close enough for me to go get. Though it's actually 6 hours from home, it was only 1.5 hours from where I was going to be anyway.

The machine is missing the slide plate - I'll be in search of one, but does have one shuttle and a bunch of bobbins. I had asked the seller about attachments, and he said there were a few. I looked in the four side drawers and found a ruffler and tucker, and nothing else. I forgot all about the little center drawer (which is a big part of why I wanted the Domestic cabinet) - and I'm not sure the seller even knew about that one as he watched me look, and did not point out that I missed one drawer.

Got home and took a peak - and now I've got TWO sets of attachments, I so love this drawer!

Unfortunately the second shuttle is the typical Singer, and not a domestic. But it did come with the key! I had asked the seller about a key and he said he didn't have one (another reason to believe he didn't know this was a drawer). The drawer has a lever you need to push to get it to release. And the seller may not have had this long either - bought it cheap thinking he could make a quick buck reselling it.

Here are a few other goodies that came with the machines. The one nice surprise, the box that came with the White Rotary had one White long shuttle bobbin in it. These are the hollow ones, and I have a machine that takes them so I was happy to see it.

And yes - I did ask the lady that gave me the 221 manual if she had the machine that went with it. She showed me a second manual for a Singer 457, and said that was the machine she was keeping. So I gave her back all the short shank Singer attachments in the box - told her those would fit her machine. Not like I needed any more short shank Singer attachments LOL!!

And the last item - this is the cabinet that housed the machine I and most of my older siblings learned to sew on.

I thought it was long gone, but one of my sisters had it, and when she learned I had asked about it, she said I could have it! It had a 201 in it originally - and I do have a nice 201 just like I learned to sew on. I'm not going to put the 201 in this cabinet though - I will put a 15 in it as I use the 15 way more, and the 201 is more for show so it can stay in the fancier cabinet.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 AM

It was fun to look at all of your beauties.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:14 AM

You really did have a successful trip!!
Old 11-23-2013, 01:01 PM

Are you sure that's not a 115? Sure looks like one. (Check the hook to see if travels completely around.)

CD in Oklahoma
Old 11-23-2013, 01:18 PM

thank you for sharing. Laughing (with you not at you) about buying machines for your implements.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:27 PM

Oh Macybaby! You sure had a wonderful trip with lots of souveniers! LOL. Enjoy them all. The White and cabinet is gorgeous and the 15 / 115 (which ever) is even gorgeouser (making up a new word). Now you can have a good night sleep in your own bed. I always put fresh linen on my bed befor I leave so I can just fall into it. ahhhhhhh and sleep
Old 11-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
Are you sure that's not a 115? Sure looks like one. (Check the hook to see if travels completely around.)
yes -they look very different from the bottom side. I had wondered if there were many differences externally since I've never had a 15 of that vintage to look at up close and personal. I took some pictures and will post them in a separate thread.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:46 PM

So jealous! Theyre all so pretty!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:51 PM

Your trip was really a very good one! Congrats on all the machines and goodies!

Surely you're getting close to being "full up" spacewise! LOL

Jeanette
Old 11-23-2013, 06:51 PM

Oh, you are good at this collecting, aren't you? All looks great!!!