Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: HERE is why we look so old!!

Blog Entries

HERE is why we look so old!!

One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

That is soooo awesome! Can you imagine how quickly one could press yardage??? I WANT ONE! Do you suppose there are any still out there?

Blog Entries
    Miele still makes a mangle.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Hey Therese, is that like the one Mom had in her basement when we were little?

(post to my reads, but never posts, sister)
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean????

Me neither.

A friend of mine has one. She bought it from an older lady who was cleaning out her mothers home. It is very cool. I would love to have the space that would allow me to search for one.

Geez, my Mom had one. VERY hot, lots of steam. It was parked in the kitchen for all its life. The kitchen turned into a sauna when Mom used it.

I remember the day it left the house. I think the junkman was blessed with it........

Shari

Blog Entries
    I still remember using one and just the other day when I was ironing yardage, I wished for one. Anybody seen any recently? I did see a post on CL for one several months ago. Wonder why I didn't check it out. I could really buzz through the ironing "back then" but now all I iron is fabric to sew...no clothing.

Red face

I have one! Don't have the cover but it works fine. I use it to iron fabric after washing and drying. Haven't used it for awhile and think it needs some oil but I love it! Several years ago I lived in a 4 apt bldg and the lady upstairs had it in the basement and when she went to a nursing home, gave it to me. I had the landlord's son move it to my new apt and it is HEAVY!!! There's an Ironrite site and I got the manual for it. I keep it in the kitchen now, next to the dryer. They do show up on ebay and craigslist and are often $200-300.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
    I have one! Don't have the cover but it works fine. I use it to iron fabric after washing and drying. Haven't used it for awhile and thin
    Now you went and did it! Expect a long line of quilters standing at your front door tomorrow with armloads of wrinkled 100% cotton waiting to use it!

Shari

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast