Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heresy? I'm beginning to dislike one feature of the 15 clones and others

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Patty55,

You know you're right. Of all the different types of bobbins I've had more snarls and birds nests with the end and front loading vertical bobbin machines. Hmmmmmm, that's interesting.

Joe
    Maybe because your giant hands and fingers haven't gotten the bobbin case in correctly. ;>

Do NOT get a Brother 1500 PQ. Woman's hands here but three doors to open and small space to try and maneuver that bobbin case out of...bad. Then getting the renewed bobbin and case back in is even worse. Have cramps in hands and neck and bad words flowing like wine. Other than that, I love this machine.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Maybe because your giant hands and fingers haven't gotten the bobbin case in correctly. ;>
    LOL .... that's happened more than once too.

Joe

cricket,

Well, bobbins are not the problem. It's the cases on the end loading machines. Since you have to release the latch and pull the case out at the same time, I'm not sure how you could do that with a tool. Seems like it would take fingers to do that.

Joe

I just tilt the machine up, even though I have long, skinny fingers! The lesser of 2 evils, you might say!

Blog Entries
    Joe,
    Just like I believe there is someone for everyone, the great variety of machine brands and types means there is a machine for everyone who wants to sew, including even guys with big hands. Says she with the tiny hands.
    jlm5419-an Okie in California
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

I love all of mine and don't have any problems with the bobbins. At last! A reason to be grateful for tiny hands! Yea!!!

Yep, Not sure why but even though I really like the 15s and the clones, I realllllly reallllly like the 66s.

I like 'em even more when I can make things with them.

Joe

Blog Entries
    That is one thing I don't like about some of the old sewing machines is that the bobbin is loaded at the side. I didn't mind it much when I was younger but now that I am in my 60's my hands don't work as well and it is getting harder to do. But I still love to sew on the older ones best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast